Black and white photograph of the H.V. McKay Memorial Gardens in Sunshine. The band rotunda was regularly used for popular Sunday afternoon concerts and was often used by the Sunshine Municipal Band.

Photograph is located in an album: Volume No.1: 'Views of Factories and Branches', page 151. This is one of 25 albums that provide detailed visual documentation of the activities of the McKay enterprise.

This image is part of a collection of photographs, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature relating to Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded as Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s. In 1930 it merged with Massey Harris's Australian operations to become H.V. McKay Massey Harris Pty Ltd. In 1955, this company was in turn absorbed into the Massey-Ferguson global entity becoming Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Limited.

Description of Content

A flower bed is in the foreground, while a rotunda appears in the background.

More Information