Summary

Incomplete Model T engine, which was sourced by Tom Fraser of Vivian Expositions for display at the 1975 Melbourne International Motor Show, possibly to celebrate 50 years of Ford production in Australia. It was donated to the Museum in 1976.

This 2.9 litre, four cylinder engine was manufactured by the Ford Motor Company in Canada. Engine and chassis units were imported from Canada to take advantage of 'Imperial Preference' which allowed lower import duties for goods made in the British Empire and imported into Australia. This engine is serial no. 479040 indicating it was manufactured in about 1913-14. According to the local Ford agent, Tarrant Motors, Ford T Models were usually imported in shipments of about sixty chassis units.

Physical Description

Incomplete 2.9 litre, four cylinder engine, Model T engine

More Information