The Museum's car is a 1964 Morris Mini Cooper built in Australia by British Motor Corporation (Australia) Pty Ltd (B.M.C.) with a 998 cc engine. Vehicle type is YKA2S1, car number 3492, with engine number 9F A/SA/L 1659.

The original owner sold the car to Daniel Carroll in Melbourne in 1966 who retained it until 1984 when it was purchased by the Museum. It had been repainted in red and white colours by Mr Carroll and shows 40,000 miles on the odometer. The Victorian registration plate IHG-530 that is curently fitted to the car is not the one issued with the vehicle, which was JDH-180.

Physical Description

Inside boot of car there is a battery and spare tyre.

More Information