Shop advertising sign for Kingford cigarettes, circa 1975, used at the Old Lolly Shop, Carlton North.

The Old Lolly Shop was a milk bar opened and run by Elizabeth and Henry Cohen at 314 Rathdowne Street, Carlton North, from 1939 to 1975.

Physical Description

Long, rectangular printed paper sign has an orange background. Large scale blue and white text take up the left half, while an illustration of a hand holding a packet of Kingford cigarettes is at right.

More Information