Pliers used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Pair of pliers, spring loaded, with assorted attachments in the jaws, of unknown use. One attachment on jaws appears to be a cutting blade, another may hold fittings. Attachment on handle to keep jaws partially closed, if desired. Embossed around central pivoting screw.

More Information