Alternative Name(s): Clutch Bag

Black leather clutch manufactured by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, circa 1935-1945. It was found in the storeroom behind the salesman's office.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Black leather bag, with deep flap, two pockets, front one closed with narrow flap fastened with press studs. Two pockets in lining, one containing mirror. Lining of black cotton material. Label sewn inside front compartment, white with red lettering.

More Information