Summary

Unfinished brown and white left shoe sample made in Stafford, England, 1933. It was used at Simpson's Glove Pty Ltd and was found in a box in the shed above the air raid shelter. Amos Simpson had fiends in the boot trade, he attempted to assemble shoes but did not go into full manufacture

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Left shoe, flat enclosed shoe with t-bar strap in brown leather with white detailing around base and across foot.

More Information