Knife Sharpener, circa 1975. Used at Simpson's Gloves Factory where it was found upstairs in the handbag section. Used to sharpen various leatherworking tools.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Wooden implement, square, with handle at one end. Faces covered with strips of black abrasive material, in various grades.

More Information