Alternative Name(s): Mannequin

Adjustable tailor's dummy used in coat, jacket and vest making at Simpson's Glove Factory, circa 1926. It was probably used for male garments as there are no breast raises. It was found near the old lift well upstairs.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Adjustable tailor's dummy on a wooden stand and triangular frame. Made from stiffened cardboard with beige cotton stretched over a wooden screw-in frame.

More Information