Alternative Name(s): Glo-Weave Crimplene
Men's shirt manufactured circa 1970s by Gloweave Consolidated P/L located in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy.

The Melbourne-based company was established in 1944 under the name Comfort Shirt and Underclothing Manufacturing Company and originally made military shirts and undergarmets. In 1950 Saul Same changed the organisation's focus by designing shirts that were more stylish and fashionable and the business soon became a well-respected menswear retailer. Four years later the company changed its name to Gloweave, the nylon fabric name of its most popular and best selling shirt. Gloweave is still in operation today and has expanded its range to include a wide variety of men's and women's clothing.

Physical Description

See-through white lace shirt with long sleeves. There is a pocket on the left side of the chest and the buttons are frosted white. The collar is quite long and pointed. The shirt is currently hanging on a transparent blue Gloweave coat-hanger. There is a tag attached to one of the buttons.

More Information