Summary

Black calf handbag manufactured by Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, circa 1950s. It was found in the storeroom behind the salesman's office.

Simpson's Gloves was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Black calf handbag, two short handles, elliptical silver catch. Frame covered with leather. Lining black moire, two pockets, one containing black leather coin purse. Tag attached to handle.

More Information