Colour photograph looking into the new Eastern Annexe from the location of the former doorway from the Great Hall into the Stadium Annexe in 1982, following its demolition a decade earlier.
The Stadium Annexe was built at the rear of the Exhibition Buildings, running east-west off the Eastern Annexe, in October 1956. It was demolished in 1972 as part of the redevelopment of the Eastern Annexe site, following the demolition of the northern end of the Annexe throughout August and September 1971.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
Description of Content
View looking through the former doorway from the Great Hall into the Stadium Anenxe, into the recently remodelled Easter Annexe. The Jika Jika Bar can be seen on the far wall of the Annexe.
A colour print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
The Exhibition Trustees' album containing this photograph provides an invaluable visual record of past maintenance and restoration work undertaken on the Royal Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.
Transfer from Trustees of the Royal Exhibition Building (REB), 01/2000
Place & Date Depicted
Printed below photograph: Same site 1982.
Type of item
251 mm (Width), 201 mm (Height)