Summary

Black & white photograph of the east central entrance to the Exhibition Building prior to demolition, 1971. The northern section of the eastern annexe, including the east central entrance, was demolished between August and September 1971.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

East central entrance to the Exhibition Building from Nicholson Street with a crane in the background, car park with cars in the foreground and large trees to the right of the photograph.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information