Catalogue titled "Simpson's Motor Coats of Glove Leather", issued by Simpson's Gloves Pty. Ltd., Victoria. Circa 1927.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Small catalogue featuring a thin, light brown card cover. The front features a sketch of a motor car, in black ink, with the title printed below, in black and red. The name and address of the manufacturing company is printed on the back cover in black lettering. Inside are eleven pages, off-white in colour, printed with dark brown text, describing the product, and illustrated with sketches of motor cars. Also features two black and white photographs of an adult man and woman modelling the coats, a price list and a perforated order form at the back. The catalogue is secured with two metal staples along the spine.

More Information