Overview of the Maintenance Department at Sunshine Harvester Works.
Year established: Late 1930s.
The Sunshine Harvester Works Maintenance Department constructed new buildings, fixtures and concrete floors.Workers from the department also serviced and maintained all buildings, structures and site-plumbing. Maintenance staff included carpenters, painters and plumbers.
Plumbers Herb Sully and Wally Bird were some of the employees working in this department. The department featured various equipment such as a circular saw-bench, docking saw, thicknesser, drilling machines and work benches. The department was located in a building on the west side of the factory near the Anderson Road gate house.
- Ray Browne and George Hales (former Sunshine Harvester Works employees), personal recollections held at Museum Victoria, June 2000 and October 2002.
- Site Plan – H.V McKay, Factory Plan, 1935. Held at H.V McKay Sunshine Collection, Museum Victoria, registration no. HT 9489.
- Site Plan – H.V McKay, Factory Plan, 1940. Held at H.V McKay Sunshine Collection, Museum Victoria, registration no. HT 9461.