Summary

'Official Handbook to the Aquarium, Picture Galleries, and Museum Collections', published in 1894 by the Trustees of the Exhibition Buildings.

The aquarium, picture gallery and museum opened at the Exhibition Buildings in February 1885. On display in this 'world of wonders' were aquatic creatures, natural history specimens, antiquities, fine arts, a suit of armour worn by a member of the Kelly gang, a cyclorama, a children's theatre and a planetarium. The complex was destroyed by fire in 1953; only three seals and a 60 year old Japanese salamander survived the blaze

Physical Description

Rectangular brown soft covered book, bound with three staples along spine. Extensive text and illustrations throughout. 119 pages. The book contains information and illustrations of the various species of fish to be seen as well as general information about the Cyclorama and Museum, also at the Exhibition Building.

More Information