Physical Description

A wooden club with a forked distal end. It is painted with natural pigments: broad bands of red and white.

Significance

This club was collected by Joseph Bradshaw in the late 19th century. Bradshaw had leases around the Victoria River from 1894, and also partnered with the London Syndicate to establish Arafura Station in what is now eastern Arnhem Land.

More Information