This company has a history of change. Folmer & Schwing Division was independant of Kodak initially, known as Folmer & Schwing Manufacturing Co., NY, USA. from around the 1880s to 1904. In 1905 this company became part of Kodak, and was known as Folmer & Schwing Division, Eastman Kodak Co. Rochester, NY until 1927. In 1928 this company became Folmer Graflex Corporation, still located in Rochester, NY. In 1946 the company was renamed Graflex Inc., still in Rochester, NY and remained this way until 1955. In 1956 it became Graflex Inc., Division General Precision Equipment, Rochester, NY, and in 1968 changed to Graflex Inc., Div. Singer Corporation. Finally, in 1973 the tooling was bought by Toyo Co.