Summary

This mounted specimen of the Little Pied Cormorant (Microcarbo melanoleucos), is believed to be the first specimen donated to Museum Victoria at its formation in 1854. An article published in The Argus on 12 April 1856 lists donors who contributed to the foundation collection when the Museum was housed at the Assay Office in La Trobe Street. This specimen, described at the time as a very handsome "chestnut-breasted pelican" was presented by Drew Esq and noted as "the first donation to the Museum."

Specimen Details

Taxonomy

Geospatial Information