Summary

Copy of photographic negative showing interior of the new Industrial and Technological Museum (Science Museum) in 1870. The Museum was established in 1870 under Cosmo Newberry, with the initial purpose of educating novice gold-seekers on gold-mining techniques. From 1870 to 1992, the Science Museum shared the Swanston Street building with the Public Library of Victoria (State Library of Victoria).

Description of Content

Glassed Cases of Wax Apple Models and Models of Agricultural Equipment.

Physical Description

Black and white negative.

More Information