Summary

This electrical control panel unit is believed to have been installed in the South Engine Roomas part of the first electric pumping equipment installed in the Nos 1 and 2 pumping wells in 1921. This equipment was initially powered by electricity supplied by the Victorian Railway's Newport A power station. Most of the panel was made locally by Australian General Electric Pty Ltd (AGE) but some components are imported such as the British Thomson-Houston circuit breaker (UK) and the General Electric (USA) wattmeter.

More Information