Summary

Oval locomotive builders plate, Model G8, Serial No. 56-107, manufactured by the Clyde Engineering Co. Ltd., Granville Works, New South Wales in 1956.

Manufacturer's identification plate originally fitted to the 'Wesley B. McCann' locomotive of the Australian Portland Cement Company at Fyansford, near Geelong, Victoria, and operating on a 3'6" guage. The locomotive was purchased by the Victorian Railways in 1969, after the cement company's railway had been phased out, and renumbered as Victorian Railways 'T'/'H' Class Diesel Electric Locomotive, No. T413/H1.

The H Class were part of the seventh T Class order (numbered T413-T417 at delivery) which were modified for use in the Melbourne Hump yard, they were renumbered shortly after delivery to differentiate them as specifically for use in the Hump yard.

Clyde Engineering Co. Ltd. was the Australian licensee for General Motors, Electro-Motive Division products.

More Information