Wooden stool used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond, 1928-1980.
Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.
Wooden stool with four legs, turned, and five stretchers, also turned, with two crude replacement stretchers.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Mr Alistair Mitchell, 1989
Donated through the Australian Government's Cultural Gifts Program.
Type of item
66 cm (Length), 37 cm (Width)
Seat 34.0 cms Diameter