Black and white photograph of the Kodak factory site, Coburg, 13 May 1959. This image shows two large water tanks surrounded by building material.
This image was from a photograph album that contained black and white photographs of the construction of Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd factory buildings at Coburg. Including aerial, ground level and interior photographs of many buildings including Building 2 - emulsion making, Building 7 - testing and the Power House - Building 11.
This photograph is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005 after the manufacturing plant at Coburg had closed down the year before.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as, film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Construction site with water tanks and suburban houses in the background.
Black and white photograph printed on light weight paper, landscape format.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Photograph, Black & White
Stamped on the back; 'KODAK ABBOTSFORD / TESTING DEPARTMENT PHOTOGRAPH / 13 MAY 1959 Reference No. / 59006G'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
253 mm (Width), 202 mm (Height)