Sepia toned photograph of the exterior of 252 Collins Street in the late 1920s or early 1930s, before it was knocked down to become the Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd building 'Kodak House' in 1935.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Street view of high rise buildings, with Pianola building in the centre of frame. A car is parked on the street out front people are walking or standing along the footpath. James Thelwell clothing store at left, Coles library to the right.
Monochrome sepia-toned photograph, portrait format
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
133 mm (Width), 215 mm (Height)