Black and white photograph of the interior of the Power House at the Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd Abbotsford factory, circa 1938.
Part of a group of black and white photographs depicting maintenance departments and factory views of the Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd factory at Abbotsford, circa 1930's. Includes interior views of the engineering, plumbing and electrician workshops.
This group of images is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Interior view of the power house showing machinery, control panels in background and a guard rail surrounding equipment on left.
Black and white silver gelatin photograph, landscape format, mounted on card with two holes punched at left, numbered sticker at bottom right, Label adhered on reverse and handwritten letters on the front, highlighting the key areas.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Photograph, See Dimensions, Black and White
Hand written on a sticker attached to the front of the photograph; '4' Hand written on the back of the photograph; 'Abbotsford.' Typed on a sticker attached to the back of the photograph; 'MAINTENANCE / 4. Power House.'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
210 mm (Width), 160 mm (Height)