Monochrome photograph of two workers using emulsion kettles at Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd, Abbotsford.
This image is part of an album produced by Kodak, titled 'Emulsion Department: Production and Experimental, Jan 1946'. It belonged to Ian 'Charlie' Yelland, who worked for Kodak Australasia Emulsion Department for 46 years, retiring in 1978.
This image complements the Kodak Heritage Collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Description of Content
Two men in white uniforms and peaked caps with large copper emulsion kettles. Man in front pours from a large metal jug, a stirrer is positioned inside it. Man behind stirs emulsion manually.
Black and white photograph; landscape format;
Donation from Terry Yelland, 21/02/2013
Stamped in green ink on the back of the photograph; '14 FEB 1958'
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
252 mm (Width), 186 mm (Height)