Summary

Colour postcard of the southern facade of the Exhibition Building circa 1900. The postcard is unused. The Exhibition Building was built for the 1880 Melbourne International Exhibition, which opened to visitors on 1 October 1880. On 9 May 1901, it hosted the opening of the First Commonwealth Parliament of Australia. By the early 20th century, picture postcards of the Exhibition Building were a popular Melbourne souvenir.

Physical Description

A colour tinted photograph of the Exhibition Building with a view of the south east corner. The lake is in the foreground, with the building reflected. The card is unused.

More Information