Jar used in Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd's Emulsion Department at Abbotsford between 1920s-1950s. It was probably used to hold chemicals used in the emulsion making process.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This object is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Cream stoneware jar with handle and a round lid that screws into the neck of the jar.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Southampton Crescent, Abbotsford, Greater Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 1930-1960
This type of jar was used only at Abbotsford. After the move to Coburg, stainless steel equipment was used instead as it was more inert and safer to use, hence the date used must be prior to 1960.
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
800 mm (Height)