Summary

Single flat tin glove pattern, removed from a bundle of iron glove cutters and paper and tin patterns. It is one of a number of glove patterns and cutters used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. The heavy cutters date from the 1950s-1960s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Flat tin glove pattern. The pattern consists of two rounded sections at the top, with an inverted "t" shaped cutaway in the centre, a square left hand corner, and a rounded thumb shape in the bottom right hand quadrant. There are two numbers stamped on the front centre. The pattern is punched with a single round hole on the bottom left hand corner. There is an arrow hand drawn in pencil on the left hand side, indicating the top of the pattern.

More Information