Summary

Single flat tin glove pattern, removed from a bundle of iron glove cutters and paper and tin patterns. It is one of a number of glove patterns and cutters used at Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd, Richmond. The heavy cutters date from the 1950s-1960s.

Simpson's Gloves Pty Ltd was formed in 1924 and produced leather gloves and coats, handbags, helmets and associated leather goods. The company first operated in Smith Street, and subsequently Alexandra Parade, Collingwood, relocating to Victoria Street, Richmond in 1928, where it remained until 1988.

Physical Description

Flat tin glove pattern for the back fingers and palm of single right hand glove. The pattern is curved in on the bottom left hand corner, to allow for a thumb pattern piece. The pattern consists of four fingers and palm section. There are two numbers stamped on the front. The bottom right hand side of the pattern is punched with a single round hole.

More Information