Summary

Curtains from Room 16 - First Landing, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall.

It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.

Physical Description

Pair of dark pink curtains. Curtains tied with gold ribbon near ends. Small sections of wood sewn at intervals down lengths of curtains to maintain folds.

More Information