Writing desk from Room 17 - Morning Room, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From left side wall.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
Writing desk with turned and painted legs.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 Mar 2010
Type of item
68 mm (Width), 45 mm (Depth), 80 mm (Height)
68 mm (Length), 45 mm (Width), 80 mm (Height)
Measurement From Conservation.