Summary

Male Doll from Room 13 - Dining Room, Main Building Section, Pendle Hall. From left side of dining room table.

It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.

Physical Description

Hand made painted male doll. Doll has articulated joints. Doll is wearing a green apron, black waistcoat and bow tie and black and cream plaid trousers.

More Information