Colour photograph of the entrance to the Great Hall from the eastern annexe, formerly known as the Stadium Annexe in 1982.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View of a foyer area with a polished wooden floor and wood panelling on the walls. There is a staircase to the left and curtained glass doors the right. There is a wide square-shaped archway through which two glass doors can be seen leading into an area beyond. There are framed pictures on the walls.

Physical Description

A colour photographic print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.


The Exhibition Trustees' album containing this photograph provides an invaluable visual record of past maintenance and restoration work undertaken on the Royal Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.

More Information