Summary

Black & white photograph of the southern room of the convention centre auditorium with the dividing wall closed, taken circa 1981. The convention centre was built during the redevelopment of the eastern annexe between April 1972 and March 1973.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View of a large auditorium full of black plastic chairs. The divider wall can be seen on the right hand side of the photograph.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information