Summary

Black & white photograph of the cleared eastern annexe site of the Exhibition Building, April 1972. The eastern annexe was redeveloped between April 1972 and March 1973.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

A large cleared construction site with three pits in the ground. On the right hand side of the photograph is the facade of a building, a Thames truck and a couple of people.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information