Summary

Black & white photograph of the new entrance to the northern car park, April 1972. The northern section of the eastern annexe, including the east central entrance, was demolished between August and September 1971.

This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.

Description of Content

View from the northern car park of the entrance from Nicholson Street. To the right hand side of the photograph is the remaining section of the eastern annexe, to the left are parked cars, a toilet block and trees.

Physical Description

A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.

More Information