Black & white photograph of the demolished northern section of the eastern annexe of the Exhibition Building, 1971. The northern section of the eastern annexe was demolished between August and September 1971.
This is one of 959 photographs (or images) of the Exhibition Building collated by the Exhibition Trustees as a 10 volume pictorial history of the Exhibition Building spanning the years 1880 to 1985. The pictorial history was instigated by the centenary of the Exhibition Building in 1980 and forms part of a larger Royal Exhibition Building collection of documents, photographs, objects and research files.
Description of Content
Demolished northern section of eastern annexe viewed from north west. In the foreground is bricks, rubble and a large rope with the southern section of the eastern annexe in the middle ground.
A black & white silver gelatin print on a page of a photograph album. There is a printed caption below the photograph.
The Exhibition Trustees' album containing this photograph provides an invaluable visual record of past maintenance and restoration work undertaken on the Royal Exhibition Buildings prior to the building being recognised with a World Heritage Listing in 2004.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Master Plan - Stage 3 - Development old eastern annexe site northern/ section August 31st - September 30th 1971./ Further stage of demolition September 28th 1971.
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
245 mm (Width), 177 mm (Height)