Food safe from Room 6 - Kitchen, Basement Central Section, Pendle Hall. From left side back wall.
It was created by Felicity Clemons as part of a 40 project to create a grand fully-furnished Georgian style country dolls' house. The project began in the 1940's when Felicity's daughter, Antonia, was given a three-room dolls' house by her grandmother. Mrs Clemons was not happy with its scale or authenticity and so began a rebuilding project which resulted in a four storey grand house, now known as Pendle Hall. Although some items were purchased during shopping trips to Melbourne, the majority of furnishings were constructed by Felicity's own hands, using numerous reference books and magazines.
Wooden cabinet with turned legs and decorative carved top section forming openings for air circulation. There is a central door on hinges.
Cultural Gifts Donation from Murray, Alister & Joanna, 25 Mar 2010
Type of item
90 mm (Width), 40 mm (Depth), 114 mm (Height)
90 mm (Length), 40 mm (Width), 114 mm (Height)
Measurement From Conservation.