Summary

Catalogue outlining the Sunshine line of implements for orchards, vineyards, market gardens and farms. The catalogue provides a short description of each product, prices and limited illustrations of the equipment. It also lists other publications issued by the Sunshine Harvester Works and that these 'will be posted gratis to any address on request'. Addresses for correspondence are provided for H.V. McKay in Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, Victoria and Queensland.

Part of a collection of photographs, negatives, moving film, artefacts, documents and trade literature belonging to the H. V. McKay Sunshine Collection. The McKay collection is regarded as one of the most significant industrial heritage collections in Australia. The collection relates to the agricultural manufacturing firm, the Sunshine Harvester Works. The Australian operations of this company were originally founded by Hugh V. McKay in the 1890s in Ballarat. Between 1906 and 1907, McKay moved production to Sunshine where the firm became one of the largest industrial businesses in Australia. Change in ownership is a recurring theme in the company's history. In September 1930, it merged with the Australian operations of the Massey Harris Co., of Canada, to become H.V McKay Massey Harris Pty. Ltd.. In 1955, McKay family interests sold their remaining majority stake in the originisation to the British-Canadian agricultural firm Massey-Harris-Ferguson, and the Australian business was subsequently renamed as Massey Ferguson (Aust.) Ltd in 1958. Production of agricultural equipment at Sunshine ceased in the mid-1980s, following almost 100 years of manufacturing agricultural equipment.

Title

'AUSTRALIAN-MADE IMPLEMENTS for the Orchard, Vineyard, Market Garden and Farm'

More Information