Black and white photograph of the shop front window display in 'Kodak House' on Elizabeth St, Hobart, Tasmania, circa 1959. The display focuses on photographic accessories, such as albums, carry bags, developing kits and frames. There are three posters across the back of the display which read 'It's Kodak for Colour'.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Shopfront display of photographic accessories.
Black & white photograph on lightweight paper, landscape format.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Text, handwritten reverse: HOBART.
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
254 mm (Width), 205 mm (Height)