Black and white photograph of the shop front window display in the 'Kodak House' building on Elizabeth St, Hobart, Tasmania, circa 1959. The display is full of carrying cases, motion film equipment and other photographic accessories.
This image is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
Description of Content
Shopfront display of cameras and photographic equipment. Man walking past shop.
Black & white photograph on medium weight paper.
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Photograph, Black & White
Type of item
Image Dimensions - Photograph
202 mm (Width), 204 mm (Height)