Summary

Document, typed sheet of paper titled, "Order Of Photographs Of Coburg Opening", specifying number of black and white prints in 8' x 10' format. The photographs were taken at the opening of the Kodak factory complex in Coburg, 14 April 1961.

Construction of the Kodak factory complex in Coburg began in 1957 on 23 hectares of former farmland. Architect Harry Norris of H A & F L Norris & Associates, created the design for the new factory and individual buildings for the manufacture of silver halide photographic products. The building contract was awarded to Lewis Constructions Pty Ltd. The still uncompleted complex was officially opened on 14 April 1961 by the Prime Minister, Robert G. Menzies with Dr. A Chapman, President of Eastman Kodak Company, in attendance. The complex was the national headquarters of Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd.

Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.

This document is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.

Physical Description

Document, typed black ink on sheet of paper, torn at bottom with handwritten annotations and markings.

More Information