Either a hand coloured slide or a very early colour image of the Badger Creek Sanctuary, photographed by A.J. Campbell.
As Badger Creek is located very near the current Healesville Sanctuary, it may have been known as the Badger Creek Sanctuary in its early days when Dr Colin MacKenzie set up the Institute of Anatomical Research in 1920 on 78 acres of land which was formerly part of the Coranderrk Aboriginal Reserve. After the reserve passed to the Healesville Council it became the Sir Colin MacKenzie Sanctuary in 1934, now popularly known as the Healesville Sanctuary.
This glass lantern slide is one of many forming the A.J. Campbell Collection held by Museum Victoria.
Description of Content
Badger Creek Sanctuary
Lantern Slide, Hand Coloured
Type of item
82 mm (Length), 82 mm (Width), 2 mm (Height)