Acetate overlay, aerial schematic diagram of the layout of the Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd factory complex in Coburg with number key naming buildings and locations, circa 1965.
The diagram features in an album prepared for the Kodak parent company at Rochester, in New York State, USA.
The legend at the top right corner specifies building titles corresponding to departments with a number situated on the map. There are twenty department/buildings listed.
The still uncompleted Coburg factory complex was officially opened on 14 April 1961 by the Prime Minister, Robert G. Menzies with Dr. A Chapman, President of Eastman Kodak Company, in attendance. The complex was the national headquarters of Kodak Australasia Pty Ltd and its manufacture of silver halide photographic products. It replaced the Abbotsford factory where Kodak had been operating since 1908. The Abbotsford premises eventually closed in 1966.
Kodak manufactured and distributed a wide range of photographic products to Australasia, such as film, paper, chemicals, cameras and miscellaneous equipment. Its client base included amateur and professional photographers, as well as specialist medical and graphic art professionals who used photography, x-ray and other imaging techniques.
This map is part of the Kodak collection of products, promotional materials, photographs and working life artefacts collected from Kodak Australasia in 2005, when the Melbourne manufacturing plant at Coburg closed down.
Acetate overlay with black ink print and diagram
Donation from Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, Ms. Kate Metcalf - Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd, 2005
Courtesy of Kodak (Australasia) Pty Ltd.
Place & Date Depicted
Front, printed, black ink: 'KODAK (Australasia) PTY. LTD./COBURG PLANT'
Type of item
254 mm (Width), 208 mm (Height)