Metal Plaque, The Overseas Telecommunications Commission (Australia). Melbourne Maritime Radio Collection.

'The Overseas Telecommunications Commission (Australia) Melbourne Coastal Radio Station Cape Schank officially opened by the Postmaster-General the Hon. A.S.Hulme M.P. on 3rd June, 1966 Commissioners A.E.Chadwick Chairman B.F.Jones Vice-Chairman A.H.Petfield G.B. Kater J.H.Garrett O.B.E General Manager H. White the original coastal radio station was established in the Melbourne domain in February, 1912.'

This equipment was collected from the Melbourne Coastal Radio Station after it was closed in July 2002. In addition to communications equipment and documentation, items in general office use were collected in order to represent as far as possible the working environment at the time of closure.

Physical Description

Rectangular (landscape format) metal plaque with a red-brown coloured front face and white (now green in places) lettering in relief. On the reverse of the plaque are four screws, one in each corner to enable to the plaque to be set or mounted on a secondary object.

More Information