Description of Content

The S-class 4-6-2 type steam locomotive No.300, named 'Matthew Flinders'. The S-class 'Pacific' locomotives were introduced in 1928, and were built by Victorian Railways at the Newport workshops. The four locomotives in this class were streamlined in 1936-1938 to haul the 'Sprit of Progress' service between Melbourne and Wodonga. This image offers a front view of the locomotive.

More Information