Description of Content

A number of large steel mooring buoys in Chas Ruwolt factory ready for delivery, 10 August 1928.The bouys were used to moor BPC phosphate ships at Nauru Island due to the lack of an anchorage or sheltered harbour. A long cantilever loading conveyor was employed to load rock phosphate used as the primary component of fertilizer in Australia.

More Information