Summary

Part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.

Description of Content

Construction at Yallourn: 'A' station under construction, showing (front to rear) control house, turbine hall, boiler house roof and one chimney. To the right of the image is the switchyard. The turbine hall and control house are roofed, with the walls being worked on. Scaffolding surrounds the control and turbine houses, and there are construction materials in the foreground.

More Information